PDA

View Full Version : CMotion Image Gallery conflicts with roll over images

dellvostro
01-28-2009, 02:59 PM
1) Script Title: CMotion Image Gallery

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/cmotiongallery.htm#

3) Describe problem:
This script worked fine when I tested on a basic layout of my webpage. However, After I added navigation bar with rollover effects, the nav script seems to conflict with the motion gallery script. Now the gallery doesnt work. If I remove the nav bar, the gallery works. ???

Im using a DW dwt file as my template which has the navigation bar for all pages sitewide. I want different galleries on different pages, so I just added the head and body code respectively to each gallery page. It all worked fine until I added navigation bar with rollover effects to dwt file to update all pages. Im thinking the onload preload script cold be overiding the gallery script??

Thanks for any help with this.

dellvostro
01-28-2009, 03:16 PM
This seems to be the problem affecting the motion gallery script. If I close the body with a > and add a < before class, the gallery works, but the body style is not being applied to page. Being a noob to this, Im not sure of work around for this. Am I ontrack or off base? THanks again for any help.

<body class="styles" onload="MM_preloadImages('../images/nav-top-over_01.jpg','../images/nav-top-over_02.jpg','../images/nav-top-over_03.jpg','../images/nav-top-over_04.jpg','../images/nav-top-over_05.jpg','../images/nav-top-2-over_02.jpg','../images/nav-top-2-over_03.jpg','../images/nav-top-2-over_04.jpg','../images/nav-top-2-over_05.jpg','../images/nav-top-2-over_06.jpg')">

gfetner
02-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I too have had the same problem. Script works fine when inserted into the code absent any other script, but with an image-based rollover navigation bar, the motion gallery simply fails to work. I have sent the code to several people for help, but as of yet have no resolution.

jscheuer1
02-11-2009, 06:18 PM
In the motiongallery.js file change:

window.onload=fillup;

to:

if (window.addEventListener)
window.addEventListener('load', fillup, false);
else if (window.attachEvent)
window.attachEvent('onload', fillup);

gfetner
02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Worked perfectly! Thank you much!