PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Getting Rid of White Backgound Flash On Iframe With AJAXTABS

APHID
01-26-2009, 12:02 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38672

Hi,

I have a problem using Ajax Tabs. I am using the load Iframe instead of ajax. In some browsers (IE) before the content is displayed within the Iframe, it flashes to a white background and then the content is shown. Is there anyway to eliminate this? The website is to be black so the flash of white makes it look a bit crude.

Any help would be greatly appreciated including any code as i am a bit of a newbie.

Thanks

Aphid

jscheuer1
01-26-2009, 02:20 PM
There may be no solution to this, as the default background color for an unloaded page is white, and it takes IE a little while to parse any style for a page loaded into the iframe.

There are a number of things you can try.

If you don't need iframe, don't use it.

Other than that, I'd try setting the background color for the page in the iframe, do this with an on page stylesheet, right before the opening body tag on the page in the iframe. If there is no page in the iframe, make one for it.

<style type="text/css">
body {
background-color: #000!important;
}
</style>

If that's no good, I would try setting the background color for the page in the iframe to transparent, do this with an on page stylesheet on the page in the iframe (as mentioned above):

<style type="text/css">
body {
background-color: transparent!important;
}
</style>

At the same time set the allowtransparency attribute on the iframe to true. To do that, add the highlighted (in ajaxtabs.js):

this.defaultIframe='<iframe src="about:blank" allowTransparency="true" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" class="tabcontentiframe" style="width:100%; height:auto; min-height: 100px"></iframe>'

APHID
01-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I set the allow transparency for the iframe in the .js file and it now works!

Thank you for the help!