PDA

View Full Version : All Levels Navigational Menu - What about Safari?

PeterD
01-25-2009, 04:38 AM
1) Script Title: All Levels Navigational Menu (v2.1)

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
What about Safari? On my Safari browser, on my iMac, the drop down menus disappear the instant I move towards them from the main "top" bar.

I'm pleased with the menu, especially the generator for different styles, and it works fine on my IE, FireFox (Windows), FireFox (Linux), it even works "ok" on my Mozilla browser - but I get the above described problem on my iMac with Safari browser.

The drop down sub-menus disappear the instant I move towards them from the main "top" menu bar.

I've tried putting the main menu part inside another div, and making the z-value for that div 100, like the sub-menus.

What can I do please?

z-value?
display? as block? as inline? as table?

code fix for Safari?

I can't use this menu afterall, despite I like it, and despite that it works well on the other browsers - because if it doesn't work properly on my Safari browser, then that is a fatal flaw- unless it can be fixed.

Please, any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

ddadmin
01-25-2009, 05:16 AM
I don't have access to a Mac. When you say Safari, do you mean v2.x or v3.x? The menu does work in Safari 3.x for Windows.

PeterD
01-25-2009, 05:27 AM
v2.0 2005, on my iMac.

I'd like to see it work on this version, if possible - although if works on a "modern' mac, yes mac, then that would give me some reassurance.

ddadmin
01-25-2009, 05:40 AM
The menu should work on Safari v3 for Mac just fine, that is if Safari across platforms are truly identical.

Isn't Safari v2 a dying breed on the Mac?

PeterD
01-25-2009, 05:50 AM
Yes I imagine Safari v2.x is well out of date.

I'll try to track down a Mac with v3.x for testing - maybe thru my uni.

But any of my potential customers with old equip, will go elsewhere.

Also please:
What about some simple fix to my surrounding code, div's, html, css, JavaScript, etc, above and below the menus - how could I maximize that the menus work fine, "in isolation" from any surrounding code?:
z-index?
display?
clear? (or not)
float? (or not)
simple JavaScipt function?