PDA

View Full Version : Encrypted Password

InDi
07-31-2005, 02:47 AM
Encrypted password script
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/password.htm

i seem to be having a little bit of a problem linking the page where u type your username and password to the page that it is meant to be "protecting" could someone plz show me where in the script and a little bit of a walkthrough, i have the username and pw just unsure about how to link

jscheuer1
07-31-2005, 05:47 AM
The script does the linking for you. The page it will link to is called:

password.htm

where password is the password you've chosen. To get things to work, just create that page or rename an existing one to that name. Example:

If the password you've chosen is:

alabaster

then the page the script will link the user to upon successfully filling out and submitting the username and password fields is:

alabaster.htm

InDi
07-31-2005, 12:58 PM
o ok i shall try again but yeah, it is named with my password as far as i know...it should go to the page evn in preview shouldnt it?

jscheuer1
07-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Oh Oh. Did you say preview? If you are using FP or any other WYSIWYG editor, there is no telling how it might be modifying the code. When inserting scripts into documents created with an editor of this type, it is best to create the page first, then open it in a text editor like notepad or simple text to add the script. Save a copy without the script on it to work with later in the WYSIWYG editor should the need arise, always adding in the script last, using a text editor. Once the script is added, do not load the file back into the WYSIWYG editor. Upload it ftp (preferred) or using your host's online utility for uploading files. Preview the page with the script on it locally using the browser.

Additional Note:
You must have the page named password.htm available to the page with the script on it.

InDi
08-01-2005, 12:42 PM
ahh ok righto that could be the problem, ill give that a shot, thanx mate

IanMarlowe
08-01-2005, 12:48 PM
oh, and to protect your confidentiality, so noone can peek over your shoulder and see your password (the page name) make the page name passwordinhex.html.
that means: convert your password into hexagonal language. that will make it harder for people to remember the page name (unless they have photographic memory)

Twey
08-01-2005, 02:13 PM
hexagonal language.
(bangs head on desk)

It's hexadecimal. Not "hexagonal language." It's not a language, and it doesn't pertain to six-sided shapes.
Also, I doubt if s/he has a clue what you're talking about.

jscheuer1
08-01-2005, 02:24 PM
(bangs head on desk)%4f%75%63%68%21

Twey
08-01-2005, 02:31 PM
*runs javascript:alert(unescape("%4f%75%63%68%21"));*
Pfft. It's my head, not yours!

P.S. readers will have to copy-paste that into the address bar, VBulletin (probably intentionally) mucks up the link.

jscheuer1
08-01-2005, 03:07 PM
That was empathic 'hexagonal language'. :D

Twey
08-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Ah, fair enough :p