PDA

View Full Version : Flexi Slide Show question...

bigbyte
01-22-2009, 12:57 AM
1) Script Title: Flexi Slide Show

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/flexislide.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hello,

I was looking for a simple slide show in javascript and found out about DD recently. I thought I would try out the flexi Slide Show as it seems suitable for what I am trying to do which is just a simple 2 image slide show on a website.

I put the javascript code into my html document and set up the variables but for some reason I cannot get it to display anything when I look at it with my browser.

My pictures are stored in a folder called "images" which is also in the same level as my html files. So here is how I set up the variables in the script so it could find the pictures-----

variableslide[0]=['images/test1.jpg', '', '']
variableslide[1]=['images/test2.jpg', '', '']

I have played around the last 2 hours with no success and I don't know what I am doing that is wrong. I don't know if it is something with the file path or if the javascript is in the right place. But it did say just cut and paste the script into the area you wanted on the page itself.

The demo script works nicely in my browser (Safari 1.3.2) when I look at the example on the DD page but I cannot get my html page to work.

I am pretty sure this is something simple I have overlooked and I just need a bit of advice on what to check out.

Thanks for any info or help you can give.

Bigbyte

Nile
01-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.Please include your code so that we can take a look at it, we can't do much without it.
PLease do the above before we help you.