PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Slider v2.4 - Stopping slideshow with 'JumpTo'

st1
01-17-2009, 07:05 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: Trying to stop slideshow with : 'featuredcontentslider.jumpTo()'

Hi all,

First post here and have managed to get the excellent script above working fine. However I'm wondering how to stop the slideshow when using a link to jump to a certain page within the slideshow using the featuredcontentslider.jumpTo().

I have had some success with this:

<a href="javascript:featuredcontentslider.jumpTo('slider1', 3);featuredcontentslider.cleartimer(false,3)">My 3rd slide link</a>

However, this only works on Firefox and not IE (only tried it on 7).

I'm sure it would be better to pass a variable via the 'jumpTo()' - just not sure what and how to alter the script to stop the slideshow once passed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Rgds,

GS

tigger5
01-17-2009, 07:23 PM
you got a slide show to work with featured content ??..is it javascript ??..if so, which one ??

tigger5
01-17-2009, 07:27 PM
better yet...let me refrase the question ...how ??..anything special added anywhere ?

st1
01-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me - not sure what your after/asking - its the auto slideshow demo (1st part). Everything works as is - just that by using the 'jumpto' link placed elsewhere on the page (outside of the DIV for the slideshow/content) it fails to stop the slideshow (works ok if using the pagenation links)

Nothing changed - only added my bit of script to the link to try and get the slideshow to stop.

GS

tigger5
01-17-2009, 09:55 PM
ahhh..k...sorry...thought u had something else...