PDA

View Full Version : Disable "text-select" cursor

Haisook
07-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I need to disable the "text-select" cursor which appears when moving the cursor over text [that looks like an 'I']. I just need it to remain as it is, the normal "pointer" cursor.

I couldn't find this script in Dynamic Drive. The "no-text-select" script does not work for that.

Thanks..

jscheuer1
07-28-2005, 06:27 PM
That is just a cursor, the cursor can be changed using css style. Do you want to disable text selecting or just make the cursor remain as the familiar arrow it ordinarily is when not over text? You can do both but, the cursor is done with style, the no select text with a script. There are a number of ways to change the cursor using style. The approach I would take is to create a class definition:

<style type="text/css">

.noIbar {
cursor:default;
}

</style>Put the above in the head of your document and wherever you want the cursor to be the arrow when it normally would be the ibar select text cursor, add the class definition to the containing element:

<p class="noIbar">This text will have an arrow cursor</p>or:

<div class="noIbar">More text with an arrow cursor</div>

Willdawg
07-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Why bother :P. Is it that big of a deal if it's a text cursor? None the less Js already answered your question :). He's on the ball.

Haisook
07-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Thanks a lot, John

@ Willdawg,
It's just a cosmetic motive :)

magicyte
07-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Some other cursors:

cursor:default;
cursor:crosshair;
cursor:move;
cursor:hand;