PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Slideshow kills my webpage in IE 6

Huckleberry
01-12-2009, 02:18 AM
Hello all,

I've spent countless hours trying to perfect this website I'm working on. Now I've discovered it's useless in IE6. This wasn't the case until sometime last week, but I'm not sure what' causing the problem, either the Ulitmate Slideshow javascript or a z-index rendering issue.

The problem is that after the page loads my background wrapper div moves to the foreground and covers up the webpage, except for an absolute positioned div, everything else is covered up by the wrapper's background color.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Notice in IE 6 that the page loads and is visible, but as soon as it is completely loaded it then gets covered up. I can't figure it out, b/c it works great in every other browser I've tested.

Please help! Here's the link. You have to view it in IE 6 to see what I'm talking about.
www.poshprod.net (http://www.poshprod.net)

Thanks to all
Huck

jscheuer1
01-12-2009, 03:13 AM
It has nothing to do with the slide show script. Remove it and there is no change to the page in IE 6.

Take out this bit:

<!--[if lt IE 7]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="IE-6-OR-LOWER-SPECIFIC.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="unitpngfix.js"></script>
<link href="menu-horizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="unitpngfix.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

and there is at least some improvement.

Huckleberry
01-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks John,

I guess I got a bit carried away w/ my IE hacks, huh.

After I took that out the page loads everything except the Ultimate slideshow and the menu. I can do without the slideshow, but the menu is crucial.

Any suggestions?

I know the earlier I couldn't get the menu to display in-line properly, every link appeared on it's own line, and they were all stacked on top of each other and aligned in the center.

Thanks again for your help.
Huck

Huckleberry
01-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks John for your time and help.