PDA

View Full Version : Glossy Accordion Menu - Dreamweaver Layout, Examples?

Silent_Bob
01-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi,

I am using the fantastic "Glossy Accordion Menu (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu-glossy.htm)" in a page I'm creating in Dreamweaver. I am having trouble with the layout... Any content that I add under the Menu's layout table is pushed down and replaced with empty space, as if every sub-menu is fully expanded at once. I don't know how to remove the space and have the content align with the bottom of the Menu.

If anyone has used the Glossy Accordion Menu on their websites I would love to see some other working examples.

Thank you for any layout advise you could give me.

Snookerman
01-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script or attach your code so we can check it out.

Silent_Bob
01-09-2009, 12:21 AM
It's not a site yet I'm still messing around with components "Here (http://mylearningtrain.com/test/current.htm)" is a link to the menu, as you can see there is a huge gap between the bottom of the menu and the black line at the bottom of the screen...

Any suggestions on how to remove this gap would be greatly appreciated.

ddadmin
01-09-2009, 03:42 AM
Check the explicit height tags in your table's HTML such as: height="797" There are a few occurrences of this, which seem to be the cause of the height issue.

Silent_Bob
01-09-2009, 04:38 AM
Thank you for your interest, you were right I did have something strange going on with my heights. I fixed that problem, however my original big empty space problems still remains.

ddadmin
01-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Did you remove all occurrences of the height attribute that are "out of place" on your page, those with a value greater than 500 for example? When I tested your page in my earlier post by doing that, the problem is fixed, at least in FF3.x.

Silent_Bob
01-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Ahhh yes!,... That fixed it. I removed several height attributes, that were effecting the menu. Dreamweaver likes to automatically add heights every time I modify a table, that doesn't make life easy.

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it.