PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing something wrong...

koalabear
01-06-2009, 03:20 AM
1) Script Title: Random iframe content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/randomiframe.htm

3) Describe problem: Coding problem?

This possibly isn't relevant to the specific script that i'm using..but anyways, I had this frame rotator script all set up with the list of URLs to rotate, saved it, then tested it, didn't work, went back to look at the file and all of the " in the URL part of the script had been changed to ”. Why would this automatically happen...I assume this is why the script isn't working because I set up the same script on another page and it is working fine (and the " are still intact). If someone could help me to understand this better I would really appreciate it!

koalabear
01-06-2009, 03:22 AM
grrr the " changed to & # 8 2 2 1 ;

clearly they seem to mean the same thing so i'm not sure why this would disrupt the script.

Snookerman
01-06-2009, 08:31 AM
What editor are you using? Could you also please post the part of your code that is relevant to the problem?

jscheuer1
01-06-2009, 11:49 AM
You need to use a text only editor, or set the one you are using to save as plain text. But it's possible that the change crept in somewhere else during the copy and paste operation(s), if any. The left and right slanted quotes are illegal as delimiters in javascript, and unless expressed as entities appropriate to the DTD in force for the page, invalid even in text portions of HTML.