PDA

View Full Version : gAjax RSS Feed Displayer Request

gtaunt
01-01-2009, 05:51 PM
gAjax RSS Feed Displayer

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/gajaxrssdisplayer.htm

The description of this script says "Set the number of total RSS entries to show. If multiple feeds are specified, that number is spread out evenly amongst the feeds." I was wondering if the script could be modified so that it displays the latest x-number of entries, without being forced to include entries from all sources. Can the script be modified so that it doesn't spread the listings out? I hope an example will make more sense than my explanation!

Let's say I have blog "A" and blog "B" and I want to display the latest 4 entries from the 2 blogs on my site. I choose to sort by date. If there are 4 entries on "A" that are only one day old and there are four entries on "B" that are 3 months old, the current script would display 2 entries from "A" and 2 from "B." I was wanting it to display the four from "A" because they are the newest overall.

I'm hoping the script could be modified so that it would just display the latest entries from the sources provided. I hope that makes sense and I appreciate any help.

Greg

ddadmin
01-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Try the following modified .js file. Not thoroughly tested, but looks good at a glance.

gtaunt
01-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Thank you so much. It appears to work just like I was hoping. I appreciate your help.

eliashansen
07-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Is this included in the new updated file with the fixed IE problem asswell?

/mvh Elias

ddadmin
07-01-2010, 07:55 PM
No, but the following attached version should be.