PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible

warcheftian2
07-25-2005, 09:20 AM
only being able to use html.dhtml and javascript(free hosting). is it possible to like link a .txt file to all your pages instead of entering the same code over and over again on each code like the javascript one <script language="javascript" src="passwords.js"></script>. is there a way to insert code like that so you dont have to do all this copy and pasting and if you want to edit something you have to go thro every single page and change it?

cr3ative
07-25-2005, 09:27 AM
It's like your entire mind just exploded onto the internet in text form - could you rephrase that please?

cr3

cr3ative
07-25-2005, 09:32 AM
The resources avaliable to me are basic HTML, DHTML and javascript, as I am using free hosting. Is it possible for me to insert text from a saved file to all pages, instead of entering the same code over and over again on each page (Similar to the javascript <script language="javascript" src="passwords.js"></script>.)

If I've interpreted you correctly, and your resources are that limited, try this.

Create a file called "text.js" and write the following in it:

document.write("text here. any \"quotes\" must be backslashed like so.");

And then link to it wherever you like using <script type="text/javascript" src="text.js">.

cr3

Twey
07-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Ugly, but the only way. You're really better-off getting some decent hosting, or doing it yourself.