PDA

View Full Version : An Ajax based script that loops to fetch get info from server

diltony
12-25-2008, 02:31 PM
1) CODE TITLE: Time Loop

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Tony Ogundipe / Hope it is useful to someone

3) DESCRIPTION: This is a very interesting ajax script that shows how to use a single class to make alot of simultaeneous calls to a web server, and still not mix up the results.

4) URL TO CODE: http://ds.mwebng.net/index.php?subset=js&page=jloop

or, ATTACHED BELOW (see #3 in guidelines below):

Nile
12-25-2008, 02:50 PM
It can be useful if your doing a game type of thing. There are many of these on dyanamicdrive, but I'd suggest turning this into something else, maybe a countdown, a stop watch? One of those may be a little bit more thrilling. Otherwise - I think it can be used, just very easy to make (I've probably made 5 of these, and 2 countdown scripts).

I hope this helps,
Nile

diltony
12-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Again, i have seen some other ones. The syntax of this one is lighter than most i have seen. And the usage is not complex. Actually, i am workin on a project that needs to fetch status of various users and display it in a customized always on the bottom status bar.....plus popup chats and all that, that is where this one come from.
Besides, i always try to keep my codes as short as possible, and the usage too as less complicated as possible so that when u combine scripts, the overrall effect will not slow your system. Just like my script site - all the scripts used to make up the site are extremely light and work fine in all browsers.
That messagebox script is probably the longest javascript i have ever written in my life but it solved all the problems i want it to. i am hoping i will not have to write a script that long for a long time.
Thanks for your reviews. i just did not want to post the entire script of this "time loop thing" - thanks for your reviews though, i still have more posts coming up, hopefully more interesting than these ones. Actually this last one was boring to me - fell asleep twice while workin on it.