PDA

View Full Version : Possible to remove down arrow in Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.01)

Geezer D
12-24-2008, 09:29 PM
1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.01)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddsmoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:
Can the little down arrows be taken off? The right arrow is OK, but since all of my links have a dropdown, it looks pretty crappy with all those down arrows.

Thanks in advance.

ddadmin
12-25-2008, 03:58 AM
Sure, try the below modified .js file, which removes the top level arrow images.

Geezer D
12-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks!

Would you happen to know how to tweak the shadows?

I edited the following fields, so that it would line up on my page how I wanted, so it probably has something to do with that.
Shadows are now looking like a 5px border around all 3 sides (l,r,b), rather than a shadow.

/*Top level list items*/
.ddsmoothmenu ul li{
position: relative;
display: inline;
float: left;
padding-left:10px; ( I added this padding. I'm thinking this might be the culprit, but I need it in there )
}

/*Top level menu link items style*/
.ddsmoothmenu ul li a{
display: block;
background: url(images/menu_00_RT.jpg) red top repeat-x; /*background of menu items (default state)*/
color: white;
padding: 2px 5px 2px 7px; ( was: padding: 8px 10px; I also removed: border-right: 1px solid #778;)
color: #2d2b2b;
text-decoration: none;
}

/* Sub level menu links style */
.ddsmoothmenu ul li ul li a{
font: normal 12px Arial; ( was 13px )
width: 150px; /*width of sub menus*/ ( mine 160px )
padding: 2px 0 2px 7px; ( was padding: 5px; )
margin: 0;
border-top-width: 0;
border-bottom: 1px solid gray;
}

ddadmin
12-27-2008, 09:01 AM
It'd be easier just to see an example of the problem on your site. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

p.s: Please try and format any code in your post using the CODE tags. It just makes it easier to read.