PDA

View Full Version : Links within dhtml layer

colin jones
09-06-2004, 07:46 AM
Hi ppl
I'm using "Scrollable content II" script (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/scrollc2.htm) and all I want to know is how I do an anchor (like #top) within the content - it doesn't seem to work for me. I expect there's an easy answer, but I can't find it - anyone help?
Colin

cr3ative
09-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Hey Colin

Do you have anchors defined?
Are you using <a href="#top"> as the link?

cr3ative

colin jones
09-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Hi
Yeah - I'm using the normal named anchor <a name="top"> </a> and linking like this <a href="#top">top</a> just as I've done dozens of times. Inside the table cell in the script though, it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
Cheers
colin

sbode
09-11-2004, 08:11 AM
If you are using iframes, the page may not reload where you expect it will. A work around is to make a bookmark usually on one of the jpgs or gifs in the header and lable it for example: <a href="#Info Top of Page">, here I included the name of the page so I know which bookmark I am using. I have found this works for me. But you must set up the same bookmark on all pages unless you copy the same banner into each page.

colin jones
09-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi
Unfortunately I'm using this scrolling technique to display text on several pages, and there's no image to hook onto - can't see how it would make much difference really, the normal anchor should work - still, it's not the end of the world...!
I'll play with your idea with a blank gif or something - thanks.