View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slide show, help needed

New Dreamweaver User
12-23-2008, 04:28 PM
1) Script Title:
Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.51)
2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm
3) Describe problem:
I have multiple slide shows on one of my web pages and do not have "mouse over pause" enabled. My question is this: How do I make the slide show photos not selectable? When the cursor moves over some of the photos on the template page most of the photos are selectable (opens a new page), but one is not...How do I make my photos present like the man & woman kissing?

Nile
12-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Here:

fadeimages[2]=["photo3.jpg", "http://www.javascriptkit.com", "_new"] //image

Remove the highlighted.
(That's just an example, you should do that to every fadeimages array.

New Dreamweaver User
12-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Oh, thank you! That was simple - Could you explain what the difference between "image with link syntax" and "image with link and target syntax" is?

Total beginner here - thank you!!

jscheuer1
12-23-2008, 09:51 PM
With target specifies a target attribute for the link (in HTML - where the target attribute specifies where the link should open - links without targets open in the default target for the page, usually the same window).

In more detail, anything after an unquoted:

//

on any line is just a comment/explanation/instructions.

If you already knew that, my apologies.

Now, the array structure is multidimensional, meaning that each array item is itself an array. The bare minimum data for that nested array (highlighted) is the image to show (red), comments will be green in all code blocks that follow:

fadeimages[0]=["photo1.jpg", "", ""] //plain image syntax

If you wanted a link (blue) for that image - say, some.htm in the same folder as the page:

fadeimages[0]=["photo1.jpg", "some.htm", ""] //image with link syntax

If you wanted to target (magenta) that link to a new window:

fadeimages[0]=["photo1.jpg", "some.htm", "_new"] //image with link and target syntax

Note: Comments are not required for the script to work. The browser ignores them. They are just there as aids (signposts) for both the end user designer (you in this case) and the developer(s) (author(s) and/or people modifying the basic code beyond just configuring it) of the script.