PDA

View Full Version : HV Menu w/ Frontpage Banner Rotate

firewaterx
07-25-2005, 01:08 AM
I am currently in the process of remaking my local animal shelter's website and have encountered a problem using the HV Menu script from this site along with the built-in FrontPage Web Banner Rotating Script. The menu works fine, and so does the banner rotator...but not together. With the menu bar setup next to the banner, the submenus get covered up by the rotating banner.

In case none of what I am saying is making any sense, please check out a demonstration I put up to test it out. HSCA Site (http://www.hscalumet.org/hscav2.1/index.html)
This site is not operational yet, I am just trying to solve this problem with the menu script.

This is my first post so I am sorry if it makes no sense.

Thanks in advance!

jscheuer1
07-25-2005, 03:51 PM
I tried your link but couldn't find any other script on it besides the menu script. How is this banner rotation thing loaded onto the page? Is it:

<applet code="fprotate.class" codebase="./" width="600" height="192">
<param name="time" value="5">
<param name="url" valuetype="ref" value="/news_events/index.html">
<param name="image1" valuetype="ref" value="images/FashionShowAd.gif">
<param name="image2" valuetype="ref" value="images/NeedBathers.gif">
<param name="image3" valuetype="ref" value="images/kittenchow-fosterhomes.jpg">
<param name="rotatoreffect" value="dissolve">
</applet>If so it is not a script. Looks like a Java applet. Java and javascript are two different things. The menu seemed to be working fine as did the applet. The menu is just showing underneath the applet at times. Move them away from each other on the page. Or you can try using:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">along with the other applet parameters but, that is for flash objects and may not work here.