PDA

View Full Version : Pop up question

Harriers9
07-24-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but...

I have just signed up with CafePress and have a basic set-up with them that does not allow me to modify the code on my page.

Being based in the UK, myself and my users find that the prices being displayed in dollars is a bit of a problem.

What I hope to be using to overcome this problem is a currency converter from this site here. (http://www.programmingfreelancer.com/viewnew.php?id=71cb3f27455eca2966c398dc019d9692)

I cannot add this into the CafePress page so I wondered if it would be possible to actuate it in a pop-up that will appear when a user clicks on the button/link from my site to the CafePress page.

I've found a 'modeless window' script on here that I would like to use, here, (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/modelesswin.htm) so how would I go about using that in the way I have described?

bubba.daniel
07-24-2005, 09:51 PM
I have just signed up with CafePress and have a basic set-up with them that does not allow me to modify the code on my page.

First thing, you will have to add scripts to this main page or whatever it is you have for the popup to appear on this page.

My advice would be to get a host who does allow you to edit code.
Not being able to edit your codes is not a very versatile way to go about making a web page.. just my thought. :D

Now when you say something about the button on your page.. I can find a way to add the popup when you click on the link.. but the popup will not be affiliated with the cafepress, and will probably be closed.. I would personally add a button for the converter on that page, but since you can't do that I will help you with what you want. I am not sure it will give you the exact effect you want, and you may want to post a good message explaining the need for the converter.

Please post the script you are using for the page, or if it is long, please feel free to email me, or you can give me the url for the page with the button you want to popup attached to.

Click here to email (bubba.daniel@cox.net)

I will do my best to help you.

jscheuer1
07-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Cafepress is a useful marketing tool from what I can tell. They have lots of restrictions but, there are ways around if you get used to it. I think there are forums just for Cafepress merchants such as yourself. We have at least one other Cafepress person here in this forum. Someone I've worked with, in the past, to overcome some of the limitations of Cafepress. They've just come back online after a terrible misadventure with an incompetent ISP and I've suggested they have a look at this thread. Hopefully, you will find things aren't quite as restrictive as you thought. We found that scripts could be run on the Cafepress pages and that they could dramatically alter the layout. Perhaps we could even devise one that would make USD's appear as BP's but, I expect with the exchange rate constantly changing it would take some doing to make it current. However, it could also be updated periodically by you and have a disclaimer that rates are as were in effect as of a certain date.