PDA

View Full Version : Animated Collapsible - Firefox 3 bug?

compsci
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I have asked this question under another thread of mine but wasn't answered, so I thought I would give it its own thread.

1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV v2.01

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem:

I am trying to hide an swf (Flash object) in a div. When a hyperlink is pressed the div will slide down and show the swf. However, when sliding down, the div slides but the Flash Object just appears straight away whilst the div is sliding down! The same for the sliding up. It disappears quickly and while the div is still sliding up!

How can I remedy this?! Please help :)

ddadmin
12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
This is more of a Flash question- how to get the swf object to also appear partially clipped when its DIV container's height is less than that of the swf's. I'm not at all familiar with Flash unfortunately.

compsci
12-16-2008, 09:05 PM
This is more of a Flash question- how to get the swf object to also appear partially clipped when its DIV container's height is less than that of the swf's. I'm not at all familiar with Flash unfortunately.

To be honest, I don't think this is a flash issue since IE7 manages to perform the up and down slide action very well, very smooth. Firefox (3) makes a good attempt but at the point of the up/down action the flash object just appears whilst the text around it slides down/up properly.

I tested the http://docs.jquery.com/Effects/slideToggle of JQuery and it suffers from the same problem.

I just don't what direction to take to fix this since my heart is set on this design idea that I have that makes use of this slide action! :(

ddadmin
12-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Do you have a URL to the problem page? I can try and take a look when I have time. Not sure how much it'll help with my lack of understanding of Flash, but who knows. :)

compsci
12-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Do you have a URL to the problem page?I created a new page with the problem minimized (removed unnecessary stuff).

View this page (http://www.timelessthinking.com/tester.php)in Firefox and click on the "More options" text. You will see the Flash object appear (just appear) not slide in and it seems to flicker too!

Thanks for having a look, let me know of any ideas to fix this!

compsci
12-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Sorry to bump this up, but I have even posted this query in the JQuery mailing list (google groups) and I still have't been able to resolve it.

Any sort of leads will be appreciated, I just don't have any idea on how to attempt to fix this!

ddadmin
12-19-2008, 12:55 AM
I've looked at your demo, though as suspected, I don't know enough about Flash to solve the issue. However, would you be fine with modifying the script so the Flash object is completely hidden all throughout the expanding animation, until the very end when it has stopped? That's something that can be done inside Animated Collapsible script- hide its contents entirely until the DIV has fully expanded/ come to a stop.

compsci
12-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Hmmm thats an idea. That might be a solution for Firefox and for IE browsers I can leave that part of the JS. So how do I do it? :) Is there a tutorial I can follow somewhere?

ddadmin
12-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Hopefully this works: One approach is to hide the DIV while it's animating by setting its CSS visibility to "hidden". Not sure if this successfully hides any Flash content as well. Anyhow, try the modified .js file for such a modification.