PDA

View Full Version : CSS DropDown Menu+add a submenu, Kujee's Mod.

squaredvision
12-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Everything looks fine in FF, there is a small problem in IE, there is a space under the tab.

Can anybody help me out?

-Michael

Snookerman
12-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure about you menu, but you could take a look at DD's library (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/category/C1/) and you might find a multi level menu that you can change to look like you wish.

squaredvision
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
The first thing I did was look at DD's library, that is where the menu concept came about. Did you see the html file? There must be a way to add another menu with the one already dropped. It doesn't even have to be styled.

I just can't figured out how to pop one more sub menu with the one already dropped.

-MF

Snookerman
12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Well I don't think it can be done with css, you would have to change the JavaScript code so ask a moderator to move your thread to the DD scripts help forum (if it still counts as a DD script) and someone might be nice enough to rewrite the script for you. However, I still think it would be simpler if you found a menu that already supports multi-levels and change the design.

ddadmin
12-16-2008, 09:46 PM
It's defenitely easier to work backwards here as Snookerman says: Find a multi-level menu to start, then work to customize it the way you want style wise. A good candidate would be All Levels Menu (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm), since the HTML for the main bar and the drop down menus are two separate entities, allowing you to customize the two independently.

squaredvision
12-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Okay I will give this a shot. The example looks similar to my file so i'll take a stab and jab at this. Thank guys.

squaredvision
12-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Everything looks fine in FF, there is a small problem in IE, there is a space under the tab.

Can anybody help me out?

-Michael

squaredvision
12-17-2008, 08:18 PM
See the space? It's for the search TAB.

ddadmin
12-18-2008, 05:54 AM
I see the space. Unfortunately there are more problems in IE- the drop down menus appear too far to the right as well. I reckon it all has to do with the way you've customized the menu. I tried playing around with the CSS for a bit, but can't isolate the problem (which is not as simple as changing one line of CSS).

In the next two weeks I'll be releasing a wizard for All Levels Menu that lets you pick from a handful of CSS menu designs for the top menu bar itself. It doesn't include an overhaul to the drop down menus themselves though, which if you change dramatically can cause the oddities as in this case.

squaredvision
12-18-2008, 03:40 PM
hey,

in stylesheet.css:

#slidetabsmenu a span {
float:left;
display: inline-block;
background:url(images/wholeSlidedoor_button.png) no-repeat right top;
padding:11px 39px 4px 23px;
font-weight: bold;
color:#FFFFFF;
}

I changed "block" to "inline-block" and it got rid of the space, but now there is a space on the right of the tab...any ideas? also when you put the menu to sidebar the space disappears.

could you try implementing the menu to my tabs at all? i'd appreciate it.

-mf