PDA

View Full Version : Adding a div-tag, drop-menus and IE 6

Tohaki
12-11-2008, 09:05 AM
I have a problem. I use JSF, but add div-tags to the component tree with JavaScript to get some extra functionality (auto-suggest, in-line pop-up, etc.). In Internet Explorer 6, however, any drop-menus that are underneath the div-tag shine through. Have anyone else experienced this? ...or know what the solution might be?

jscheuer1
12-11-2008, 02:45 PM
In IE 6 and 7 css style (what presumably is used to dynamically hide and reveal your divisions) can sometimes work differently than in most other browsers (and there are also differences in css style implementation between IE 6 and 7), that might be what is at work here. Now, I have no experience with JSF, but after a quick Google it appears to be server side, so should be transparent on the client side, meaning that the same HTML code will be served by it regardless of the browser. So a link to your page that shows an example of this problem would probably allow me to be more specific.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.