PDA

View Full Version : DHTML Window widget problem with ff3

uxout
12-10-2008, 02:52 PM
1) Script Title: DHTML Window widget (v1.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/index.htm
3) Describe problem: Hello, I'm using the latest version of ff for my administrator website and i have some problem with the widget. When i move the widget window on the top of my FF window, the widget window move out of my FF content window so i have to refresh (F5) my page to close the widget. I've tried the same thing on IE 7 and it's working correctly (the widget window got stuck on the top most window). Is there a solution at the moment?

Snookerman
12-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Could you post a link to the site with the problem?

uxout
12-10-2008, 03:51 PM
I can't, it's a secured website.
But it does it to me with the demo website too, so i guess it's not due to my code

Snookerman
12-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Oh I see, then you should ask the admin to move your thread to the bug reports forum (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17).

uxout
12-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Can any admin switch my post into bug reports please, if you can't answer to my question?

ddadmin
12-16-2008, 09:06 PM
This really isn't a bug per say. If I understand you correctly, if you intentionally drag the window beyond the top edge of the browser window, that the title bar of the DHTML window is now hidden? This is normal in the sense that the script doesn't stop a user from dragging a DHTML window beyond the visible 4 edges of the browser. But normally a user shouldn't/ wouldn't intentionally drag a window out of view...

uxout
12-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Well if a user do it inadvertently, it must be stopped too.
If i understand what you want me to know is that on ff, there is no way to fix this problem while on ie, the window is stopped correctly?

ddadmin
12-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Whatever causes IE to not hide the title bar when dragged outside the browser window is unintentional, and due to a behavior with the browser rather than intentionally by the script. If I have more time I'll revisit this thread and see if I can post a mod for you that addresses this.

uxout
01-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I've found a solution for this problem :), if someone is interested i can share the information.
Solution tested for ff3 only.

Snookerman
01-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Go ahead and post it!

uxout
01-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Well, then :
i've modified the dhtmlwindow.js file like this :

move:function(t, e){
t.style.left=dhtmlwindow.distancex+dhtmlwindow.initx+"px"
t.style.top=dhtmlwindow.distancey+dhtmlwindow.inity+"px"
// debug ff
if (dhtmlwindow.distancey+dhtmlwindow.inity < 0)
{
t.style.top = "0px";
}
}

I've noticed than everytime the user move the dhtml window, this function was executed. So i've put a top position control in this function to fix the problem.

Enjoy