PDA

View Full Version : accordian script is working kind of flacky

nsmith
12-08-2008, 08:21 PM
1) Script Title: Accordian Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: I have implemented the accordian content script on a sample site and it seems to be working some of the time correctly. I can't seem to get it to work consistently so that when you click on a top page home, products, news, or contact us...it goes to that specific page as well as shows the sub slide menu. Sometimes nothing will happen and sometimes it will open the sub slide menu from the above top page...like if I click on contact us it goes to the contact us page but opens the news sub slide menu???

http://template-08.sedonatek.com/Home.aspx

Please any help is greatly appreciated....I am trying to get this working for a client.

Thanks so much.

ddadmin
12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
It seems depending on the page, one of the headers in your Accordion Content carries the class "main1CMSListMenuLinkHighlighted". This excludes that header from being part of the group, and needs to be changed back to "main1CMSListMenuLink".

nsmith
12-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks for you quick reply!

Is there a way that I could put 2 css classes here...
'headerclass: "main1CMSListMenuLink, main1CMSListMenuLinkHighlighted",' ???

The site is developed using a content management system known as Kentico CMS...I am working on figuring out how to eliminate the word 'Highlighted' on a selected menu item as that is a default function of the CMS.

Thanks again.

Snookerman
12-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Just separate them with space:

<a class="main1CMSListMenuLink main1CMSListMenuLinkHighlighted" href="#">

nsmith
12-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks. I know how to put 2 classes in the <a> tag. I would like to know if I can put 2 classes as my headerclass for the accordian menu script?

The way this cms system works only allows so much flexibility. If i could just go ahead and put 2 classes in the <a> tag then I would do that...but unfortunately it is not that easy for me.

Thanks.

ddadmin
12-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for you quick reply!

Is there a way that I could put 2 css classes here...
'headerclass: "main1CMSListMenuLink, main1CMSListMenuLinkHighlighted",' ???

Thanks again.

There's no easy way to do this unfortunately. You may try defining a second instance of Accordion Content script that uses "main1CMSListMenuLinkHighlighted" has the "headerclass", and try to configure it so it acts in accordance to the 1st instance on the page somehow.