PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Pointing script to desktop folder

mike@usn
12-07-2008, 03:11 PM
1) Script Title:

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tabcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: Im using a editor in the design of my website. When I load the Scripts to my server along with the index.html all works fine. However !. While my site is being worked on I dont want it to be seen on the server until it is complete. On my desktop i have created a folder called (TABS) which I use to upload the scripts to my server. I am having a difficult time pointing the scripts from my editor to the tabs folder. This is the format I used but it failed: C:/mydesktop/tabs/tabcontent.css and C:/mydesktop/tabs/tabcontent.js . What am I doing wrong.? These are the two files im trying to point to (tabcontent.css ) and (tabcontent.js )

Snookerman
12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
While my site is being worked on I dont want it to be seen on the server until it is complete.
You could upload a temporary index.htm page to the server that says the site is under construction and remove it when you are finished.

mike@usn
12-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Yup I had thought about that as well and may end up going that route. It appears that I would have to edit all the files along with the index in order to get them all pointing in the proper direction. Another problem with working from the server is setting the proper numbers to get the tab menu to show up in the proper location on the page. My thinking was that if I could get it to work on my editor I would be able to open each tab and just drag and drop contents into it. I setup the Index it in http://www.ultimatesolutionsnetwork.com The tabs are at the bottom of the christmas thing I have going on. Yahoo as got a really nice one setup on there front page and I would love to have someting like that on mine as well. I think its really neat looking and adds alot to the design.

mike@usn
12-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Wow What a mess! Now I cant find the attributes to position the tabs menu thing by using the code itself. If you dont have a editor that floats elements there is a problem. The only thing the help section says is to place the code in the head and body where you want it.? I would have thought that the index would have somwhere to set the position of everything.?:confused: Why does it all have to be so dog gone difficult

mike@usn
12-07-2008, 07:36 PM
I need a vacation...;)

BLiZZaRD
12-07-2008, 07:36 PM
The path needed is (USUALLY)

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Desktop\file_or_foldername

If you right click on the TABS folder and select properties, then look at "Location" this is the "address" you need.

I don't understand your latest post, though. :confused:

mike@usn
12-07-2008, 07:44 PM
www.ultimatesolutionsnetwork.com Im using it as an index till i get the site running. if you look at the bottom of the page you will see the tabs. I need to take that and relocate it from the bottom to about the middle of the page
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tabcontent.htm
This is the code location: