PDA

View Full Version : PHP Photo Album

davewylie
12-07-2008, 11:44 AM
1) Script Title: PHP Photo Album

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/php-photoalbum.htm

3) Describe problem: I have used this script to display photos on my website, and it is ideal for my purposes. It works fine in localhost (Apache), but doesn't work when I upload to my ISP's server on the Internet. The ISP server doesn't seem to regognise the getpics.php code. Does anyone have any idea what the reason may be? Sorry this request is so vague!

Dave.

Schmoopy
12-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Your web probably doesn't allow the use of PHP on your website, but you'll have to ask them whether you need to pay to get it.

Which web host are you using at the moment?

davewylie
12-07-2008, 02:50 PM
My provider does allow PHP, I have been using PHP on my website for years. My provider is PlusNet.

Schmoopy
12-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Link to the site?

Then I can see that it might be

davewylie
12-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks. This page is the index of photo albums. Click on any link to see the problem:
http://ccgi.davewylie.plus.com/photos.php

davewylie
12-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Ah, just checked it. Only the Autumn Collection should be active, as I have been playing with the code to test various options.

jscheuer1
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
The file is there and working, but you have put the wrong src attribute to it (as viewed in the served source code of the showPhotos.php?album=Autumn%20Collection page):

<script src="gallery/AutumnCollection/getpics.php/"></script>

Remove the trailing / from it, your server thinks it's a folder with that there.

There could also be other problems.

davewylie
12-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Thank you, that seems to have sorted the problem. So, other servers are less fussy on correct code, I guess.

jscheuer1
12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
I'd say less precise, rather than less fussy, and only if that's the case. It might also have been a (that) slight difference in the live code versus the local code.

The reason I say less precise is, if you wanted to designate, say:

gallery/AutumnCollection/getpics.php/index.php

you should be able to do so as:

gallery/AutumnCollection/getpics.php/

but since the 'less fussy' server sees that as:

gallery/AutumnCollection/getpics.php

things could get weird.