PDA

View Full Version : changing details slideshow

chechu
12-07-2008, 09:24 AM
1) Script Title: Swiss Army slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/swissarmy/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
Hey all,
I'd like to change a little the swiss army knife, second slideshow:
- how do I change the buttons into text ('next' and 'previous')
- how do I place this text below the slideshow
- where do I change the text "viewing image" into another language
Thanks for helping me out !

Snookerman
12-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I can't really test this since the script is not working for me, I tested it in FF3, IE7 and Opera 9.6 but it won't work. However, if it works for you, take a look at the .js file.

On row 119 you can change the text "viewing image" to you preferred language.

On rows 125-127 you can find the buttons. This is what the << looks like:

<input id="prev'+this.issid+'" disabled type="button" value=" << " onclick="iss['+this.issid+'].changeimg(false, \'nav\');">
And this is what you could do to transform it into a link:

<a id="prev'+this.issid+'" onclick="iss['+this.issid+'].changeimg(false, \'nav\');">previous</a>

Do the same for the other one. I think that should work, but like I said, the script doesn't work for me so I can't test it.

About pacing the text below the slideshow, I suggest you take a look at the page with firebug (http://getfirebug.com/) or something to see how the html code looks like and then go into the .js file and look it up and change it. Looking just at the .js file, the solution might be to just move row 130 between rows 124 and 125.

chechu
12-07-2008, 04:16 PM
On rows 125-127 you can find the buttons. This is what the << looks like:

Code:
<input id="prev'+this.issid+'" disabled type="button" value=" << " onclick="iss['+this.issid+'].changeimg(false, \'nav\');">And this is what you could do to transform it into a link:

Code:
<a id="prev'+this.issid+'" onclick="iss['+this.issid+'].changeimg(false, \'nav\');">previous</a>Do the same for the other one. I think that should work, but like I said, the script doesn't work for me so I can't test it.

I guess this one is not correct, as nothing comes up now.

Snookerman
12-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Could you please attach the .js file? Like I said, the script doesn't work at all for me (not even the DD demo) but the buttons still show, and when I changed them into links they worked fine for me.

chechu
12-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Please find attached. I kept the original one, so you can change from there.

Snookerman
12-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Try this:

chechu
12-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Very nice, and very good Flemish !

Two things:
- is it possible to have a hand showing when moving over the text links and remove the 'alt' function
- can the 'next' and 'previous' go under the image
Thanks thanks thanks !

Snookerman
12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks! Here is the file again:

And the "prev" "stop" and "next" link are under the image as a default.
Here is a test I managed to do (the pictures are just random ones from google, I searched for "something" so no subliminal messages there):
2294 Remove the .txt suffix

chechu
12-07-2008, 05:25 PM
You can see the result here (http://cecicasariego.com/maria/pinturaES2.htm)
Could you add the following, please:
- remove the alt on the arrows
- place the arrows under the text under the image
Thanks !

Snookerman
12-07-2008, 05:36 PM
This should remove the toolbox:

I'll take a look at why the arrows are above the image in a while, I've got some things to do ATM.

chechu
12-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Can someone let me know how to place the arrows between the image and the explaining text, please ?

chechu
12-15-2008, 10:46 PM
This is the answer of jscheuer1, who made the script:

That's their default position, don't use the controls_top=1 property.