PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Pagination script not working in IE

sgietz
12-05-2008, 07:21 PM
1) Script Title: Virtual Pagination script v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/virtualpagination.htm

3) Describe problem: I installed this script, but I'm getting errors in IE6. When there's only one content div, IE6 throws an "Object required" error. When there is more than one div, the page quits loading and I get a nasty alert from IE that the operation was aborted, and I get a "Page cannot be displayed."

I get no error whatsoever in FireFox, and it works beautifully. It's driving me bonkers! :(

One thing, I have scriptaculous, prototype, and lightbox on the same page. Could there be a conflict? If so, I don't understand why it works in FireFox.

Please Help!!! I'm at my wits end! :confused:

Thanks! :)

Snookerman
12-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Please post a link to your site or attach your code.

ddadmin
12-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Testing the default script in IE6 with just one content, I don't get any errors. As mentioned, please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

sgietz
12-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks for responding :)

I will upload the page at work on Monday and post a reminder at that point.

Thanks!

sgietz
12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
OK, I uploaded it to our test server. Here are two pages. The first one has one piece of content (which oddly works now in IE). The second one has two pieces of content, and that one gives me a operation aborted in IE. This works fine in FireFox, without giving me any errors (including the error console).

1. http://67.210.123.251/news/story.aspx?s=29816
2. http://67.210.123.251/news/story.aspx?c=12

BTW, the content that's being paged are the pictures inside of the article. You may have to use FireFox to check out the source, since IE won't cooperate.

Thanks! :)

ddadmin
12-08-2008, 10:28 PM
The second one has two pieces of content, and that one gives me a operation aborted in IE.

Looking at your page in IE6, I do get the Operation aborted error. However, that error usually is associated with IE not being able to access a file or URL called from an IFRAME or some other embedded object, and shouldnt' have anything to do with Virtual Pagination script per say.

There are a lot of other scripts on your page, so it's hard to say who the culprit is. I'd start with a fresh page with just VP script on it, verify it works, then slowly add back the rest of your contents to isolate the issue.

sgietz
12-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Looking at your page in IE6, I do get the Operation aborted error. However, that error usually is associated with IE not being able to access a file or URL called from an IFRAME or some other embedded object, and shouldnt' have anything to do with Virtual Pagination script per say.

There are a lot of other scripts on your page, so it's hard to say who the culprit is. I'd start with a fresh page with just VP script on it, verify it works, then slowly add back the rest of your contents to isolate the issue.
I will do that, but when I remove the virtual pagination script, the error goes away. At this point I'm thinking there's a conflict with another script.

I'll check it out and keep you guys posted.

Thanks!

sgietz
12-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Well, I got tired messing with it, so I wrote my own little script. It's really simple. All I'm doing is generating content and the pager links on the fly with .NET. The links call a simple script, passing the id of the div I want to display. Al content divs (inside of the parent div) are set to display:none, except for the one that's being passed. A little dirty? Perhaps, but it works for me.

Thanks for trying to help me! :)