PDA

View Full Version : Cross Browser Marquee - Conflict



Hey Coop
12-05-2008, 05:45 PM
1) Script Title: Cross Browser Marquee conflict

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2

3) Describe problem: I have placed the cross browser marquee on our web page and it works fine. However, we are using a javascript side menu that disappears when the marquee is uploaded. Any Ideas of where the conflict may be?

jscheuer1
12-05-2008, 05:57 PM
This is not a 'bug' in the script, at least not as fits the definition for the bug reports section. So I've moved it here to the help section.

Sounds like an onload conflict. But it could be something else, and your link to the script is currently missing/wrong:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

And while you are at it:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Hey Coop
12-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Go to www.carolinagolfacademy.com

jscheuer1
12-05-2008, 07:10 PM
There is no Dynamic Drive Script that I can see on that page at the moment.

Please post a link to the page on Dynamic Drive where you got the marquee script - its Demo Page. Just that would allow me to suggest how to use it with no onload conflict.

If you have a page where that script is being used, and is causing a problem, I could try troubleshooting that. I can't fix something that's not there. I will need this if it is more than a simple onload conflict.

Hey Coop
12-05-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm Sorry had to run to a meeting and couldn't leave the faulty page up on the site. I used the script copied from this page:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/cmarquee.htm
It will appear on the home page in the table positioned above the main picture on that page.
Thanks,

jscheuer1
12-06-2008, 04:36 AM
OK, to prevent an onload conflict when using that script, replace:


window.onload=populate

with:


if (window.addEventListener)
window.addEventListener('load', populate, false);
else if (window.attachEvent)
window.attachEvent('onload', populate);

But, as already mentioned, there could also be another problem(s). If that (the above) doesn't take care of it, and you want more help, please post a link to a page that demonstrates the problem. This need not be a page normally accessible on your site, just a page anywhere on the web where I can observe the issue. In most cases folks choose to do that by either putting up a page on their site that is a test page and orphaned from the main site flow, or by putting up a page that demonstrates the issue on a separate domain somewhere that they have access to do so.

Hey Coop
12-09-2008, 02:09 PM
You Rock! That fixed the problem.
Thanks,
Dale