View Full Version : Resolved Levels Menu freezes on Mac

12-02-2008, 12:39 PM
1) Script Title: All Levels Navigation Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Works great everywhere but on my Macbook.
Safari just updated yesterday

On the Mac, the menu freezes if an item with a sub-menu is selected.

The code is in use here:
Slect "Flooring"

12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
A bit of good and bad news, this isn't a Mac specific problem, as the menu is really buggy on vista, there must be something wrong with the code, it's freezing for me too.

Edit: The "Flooring" sub menu seems to be the culprit, the menu only ever freezes after mousing over that one.

You should also try validating your page before you go any further, I see 18 errors and 72 warnings, fix them first, and then see if the menu is still broken.

12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
The "FLOORING" item is the only itme with a sub-menu, so I believe that the issue lies somewhere in that nested list. I was not aware of the Vista issue, though.
If I can't resolve this soon I may have to replace the code...can't have people with Vista & Mac not able to get around easily.
Too bad...I really liked this list and I just got the fixed position tool-tip working right.

This is not the only issue I have with CSS & a Mac.
I am using a Photo Viewer that selects a pic by clicking on a numbered box.
On my Mac, the pic goes away when you release the mouse button.
This seems to be a FOCUS issue but I cannot figure it out.


Thanks for the Good & Bad news. I'll run a code check asap.

12-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Ok, well I just checked the site again and you've obviously done something, it's working! :D

12-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I validated the code and yes, there were many errors and many many warnings.
I corrected all but 3 errors. For some reson, these 3 errors are only on one line of code, which is identical to many other lines, so I'm not sure what to do with that.

Fixing the errors did fix the freezing issue on my Mac.
The problem was an incorrectly nested sub-menu. Removing a misplaced "</li>" did the trick!
Thank you for reminding me to validate that page!

The warnings I got (71 !!!) mainly have to do with the addition of the BOLD attribute within the "Cool DHTML Tool Tip" code that I used from this site.
The validator does not like it...but I do. As long as things still work properly I'll keep them in.

12-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Ok well that's good to hear, just post again if you run into any more problems.