PDA

View Full Version : HideInterval for submenus

Lukevdp
11-26-2008, 01:22 PM
1) Script Title: All Levels Navigational Menu (v1.5)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: The hideinterval value seems to only work for the first submenu. Submenu's after that dissapear instantly when the mouse moves out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Lukevdp
11-27-2008, 05:08 AM
Anybody have any ideas? I need this as a matter of urgency for a client.

ddadmin
11-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Try finding these lines inside the .js file:

else if (!this._istoplevel && !ddlevelsmenu.isContained(this, e)){
ddlevelsmenu.hidemenu(submenu)
}

and replace that with:

else if (!this._istoplevel && !ddlevelsmenu.isContained(this, e)){
ddlevelsmenu.hidetimers[this._master][this._pos]=setTimeout(function(){
ddlevelsmenu.hidemenu(submenu)
}, ddlevelsmenu.hideinterval)
}

Lukevdp
11-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks ddadmin,

For the most part it works but there is a bug.

When you hover over a 2nd level item that opens up a 3rd level menu, if you mouse out of the 2nd level item and mouse back into it, the 3rd level ul will not display any more. It does the sliding out animation and then dissapears.

Lukevdp
11-27-2008, 10:55 PM
bit more info on that last bug - it only happens if you mousein to the 2nd level item while the hideinterval is active.

ddadmin
11-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Ah yes I remember that bug now that you mention it, which was why I removed the hide interval behavior on the sub menus when the script was initially released. It might be some time before I can take another crack at finding the cause of the problem, so you'll need to decide how/ whether to use this script accordingly.

PrateekPathak
05-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi DDAdmin,

Do we have any solution (or a fix) for the existing bug (please see thread attached) - When I mouse out from the second level submenu and then again mouse-in ( or mouseover) over this submenu it does some sliding out animation (flickering) and then disappears.

I am in a real URGENT need as customer is waiting for this application.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Prateek

ddadmin
05-22-2009, 06:35 PM
By default the "hide sub menu after delay" feature is removed from the script, so this is more of a feature request than bug fix. This is a rather elusive feature if I recall when trying to implement it, and to be honest, I probably won't get the chance to take another crack at it within the next week or so. If this is an urgent issue, you may have to search for a menu with this feature already built in.