PDA

View Full Version : DDTabs Inline List Line Break

ecp5
11-25-2008, 05:28 PM
1) Script Title: Drop Down Tabs

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/droptabmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:
Is there a way to have a line break inside a list item in an inline list. For my main menu I want certain items to be like:
<ul style="display:inline">
<li>Nav1</li>
<li>Nav <br />Item2</li>
</ul>

If I do that then the inline list breaks and the next list items is on the same line as "Item2" and then I end up with a block list. I need to wrap to a new line so I can fit all my menu in the space horizontally. I know I could wrap in a table, but the script uses CSS, so didn't think I could mix and match.

Any help would be appreciated, I haven't found anything.

ddadmin
11-26-2008, 07:11 AM
Hmm this is more of a CSS issue than a scripting issue actually. I haven't yet tried creating a multiple line tab using CSS yet, though I'm sure there are plenty of resources on the web on how to do this. Once you've found one you like and need help on integrating those tabs for this script, let us know.

ecp5
11-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Yes, it is a CSS issue. The only solution I have found so far is to use:
style="display:inline-block"
It keeps the list inline, but each element is a block. Only problem I have found is that IE6, which is still out there (ughh) won't recognize the style, so not sure what to do.

I also found another site that seemed to nest their list inside another list and the first was inline and the second was block, but I didn't like the menu display and ease as much as yours.

Thanks.