PDA

View Full Version : tab over help

blokhead
07-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Hello, I need some help with a tab over menu, this is the one im using.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/tabmouseover.htm

I have included a link to the current test menu page. I'm very close but I have two issues. I would like the submenu centered in the white area so I need to raise the sub menu just a little and I just cant seem to find or figure out how to do that.

I also would like the submenu items centered, could someone guide me on how to do this also. I have tried the normal coding methods I know and it just breaks the script.

Current text menu page. http://www.lessonlinks.com/menutest.html

Thanks in advance Donald

blokhead
07-20-2005, 01:02 PM
I did figure out the answers to my own questions and I will post them for who might need them later, I know I dislike someone saying they found the answer to something I need and not posting the answer.

1. I also would like the submenu items centered, could someone guide me on how to do this also. I have tried the normal coding methods I know and it just breaks the script.

My fix <div align="center" id="describe" onMouseover="clear_delayhide()" onMouseout="resetit(event)"></div>

I was trying to align the <script> </script> tags.

2. I would like the submenu centered in the white area so I need to raise the sub menu just a little and I just cant seem to find or figure out how to do that.

My Fix was very simple, Just above this I added <br><br> <!-- Edit the dimensions of the below, plus background color-->

I was using <p></p> and it was just dropping the menu to low, by removing them and using the <br> it dropped the menu just the right spacing.

Hope this helps some in the future.

jscheuer1
07-20-2005, 01:10 PM
OK, first of all, it is the <p></p> right before:

<!-- Edit the dimensions of the below, plus background color-->

That is pushing it too far down to begin with in IE and not enough in Mozilla (<p></p> is seen differently by the two browsers), just get rid of it. Then add a style section for fine tuning:

<style type="text/css">

#describe {
text-align:center;
margin:2.5ex 50px 0 0;
}

</style>You can add it right above the </head> tag or remove the style tags (blue) and put the selector, properties and values in your stylesheet. I set the margins to bring it to left of center (50px which is really a 25px move) because it looked better (especially for 'Student Resources') to me that way. The 2.5ex moves it, now, down to a vertical center.