PDA

View Full Version : DD Drop Down Panel

TheLastSuperman
11-22-2008, 09:48 PM
1) Script Title: DD Drop Down Panel

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/dddropdownpanel.htm

3) Describe problem: Actually a inquiry more than a problem! forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place ;)

I was wondering If I could alter your script and make a mod for VBulletin.org for implementation into VBulletin? I see you use VB on here :cool: and thought it would be nice to make a plain version for VB w/ useful links to normal board features etc. Most of that would require a lot of notes on how to do it... making it much more confusing for non-coders on VB.org so I was if permitted by you (DD) going to make it auto-install w/ templates and the whole nine yards :D (If possible also re-package all the files into one .zip and make it even easier with customization already done :D)

Let me know please, I have not been active on the forums barely at all since opening this account but I use your scripts and love them plus I think this would bring more people from VB to look at just how you guys are holding coding down around here :eek:. I will check back soon or simply PM me on here if you would rather.

Thanks for reading!

TheLastSuperman
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?u=274667

ddadmin
11-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi:
Certainly. As long as the original credit notice remains intact in the script, you're free to turn a DD script into a VB mod.

TheLastSuperman
11-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi:
Certainly. As long as the original credit notice remains intact in the script, you're free to turn a DD script into a VB mod.

Well that's a "GIVEN" lol. I just did not want to violate your Terms of Use by re-packaging as they would have to DL from VB.org then and that would have been a no-no so I asked ;)

Also you'll be the first to have it :D I'll place the link to VB.org thread here in this thread and also note that you were so great in giving permission!

Starting on this now!

Thanks!!!

S-MAN

Edit: also like any coder I'm learning daily but should be able to get the php to automatically insert the credit notice like I said above "all of it automatic/whole nine etc) and that way it would be there instead of depending on the user to paste it as sometimes they might not :( but :D for php!

TheLastSuperman
11-23-2008, 03:42 AM
Ok, I ran into a few snags but I have it doing something quite useful IMO!

I will release the other Idea I had but only when it's working 100% :D

Here's your link --> http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=196978

And THANKS!

I might be bugging you again later as there are a few on here I use on my site and would love to produce Mods for use w/ VB based on them!

S-MAN

ddadmin
11-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Looking good! I've used a few hacks from VB.org here on the forums myself, most notably , the "Thank You" hack and "Top Stats" by Cybercoder (I think that's right). Just a suggestion- personally I like hacks that draw on and improve a certain default functionality of vBulletin in some way, instead of something that's basically independant of a forum. That's what defines a hack IMO, something that accesses vBulletin in some way and modifies it. Of course I understand with some scripts, the best way to present them is actually to let the forum owner him/herself decide how to use it. But in other cases, I think most people appreciate hacks that are integrated with vBulletin in some way.

Just my two cents.

TheLastSuperman
11-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Looking good! I've used a few hacks from VB.org here on the forums myself, most notably , the "Thank You" hack and "Top Stats" by Cybercoder (I think that's right). Just a suggestion- personally I like hacks that draw on and improve a certain default functionality of vBulletin in some way, instead of something that's basically independant of a forum. That's what defines a hack IMO, something that accesses vBulletin in some way and modifies it. Of course I understand with some scripts, the best way to present them is actually to let the forum owner him/herself decide how to use it. But in other cases, I think most people appreciate hacks that are integrated with vBulletin in some way.

Just my two cents.

I agree! Check out in my profile the Ranks Mod I Support that a friend of mine did.. nice :D but on the other hand the mod I want to create will do that but what I presented yesterday let's people go further with this then I did... it makes them learn a little.. one user already posted up several ideas on there. All I know is I see a lot of complaining and bickering on there making it seem like they have all forgotten the FUN of coding or even figuring out how to teach an old dog new tricks!

Just wanted to let you know it's up in the 3.6 and 3.8 add-ons section as well and they are giving compliments... I give them all to you :D

Thanks Again!

S-MAN