PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox Script not working on my new PC

echristo66
11-21-2008, 05:00 PM
1) Script Title: Lightbox image viewer 2.03a

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox2/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Ok so I have used this script on a few websites and it works great. I just got a new home PC and the script does not work in the browser for my sites or the DD site. So it's not a coding error.

Browser dosen't seem to matter...IE7, IE8, FF etc when you click on an image in the group it just takes you to the image, no script getting called, no errors, no css styles.

It has to be an issue with a setting on this new PC. Any thoughts?

jscheuer1
11-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Do any other scripts work on the new PC? Is it Vista?

It could possibly be something with the antivirus and/or firewall. I have seen this disrupt some scripts and not others on some PC's regardless of the operating system. But Vista, with its advanced security has been mentioned more often in this regard.

I've never used Vista though, so I am uncertain what setting(s) in it might be the cause, if in fact that's the issue.

echristo66
11-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the quick response!

I accesed a few of the other scripts from the DD website with success fron the "New PC" just this LightBox one is not working so far that I have noticed.

Yes the new machine is Vista. My previous home PC was XP and my work PC is XP too. Ok... so it must be some setting in Vista, I will mess around with it but if anybody has any further help please share.

Thanks!