PDA

View Full Version : No box on link?

Schmoopy
11-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi guys, was just wondering if there's any way to take away the little dotted box that appears around a link when clicked. I have some tabs set up in the form of links, that don't lead anywhere, but it runs a content switching script and I was just wondering if there's any way to get around this box on click, and so when you click on it, the content changes but the box doesn't appear...

I can get the box to disappear if I make the link without an href, like so: <a onClick="toggle_visibility('ivyinfo'); return false;>info</a> But I didn't know if this was good practice,

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jack

Edit: This only happens on FF as far as I know

jscheuer1
11-20-2008, 07:40 PM
It will happen in any browser if you start to navigate the page with the keyboard. It is known as outline, and it is an accessibility feature, so think twice before disabling it.

It can be removed via style:

selector {
outline-style: none;
}

Doing it without a link is also fine, as long as the rest of it works as intended.

Schmoopy
11-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks, yea I thought it was something to do with that, it's just that the link it's on is very small, so putting the outline box around it makes it look really bad, thanks for the info anyway, i'll just keep it without a link for now :)