PDA

View Full Version : DHTML Window widget (v1.1) & Html Onload

Jim King
11-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Script Title: DHTML Window widget (v1.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I used the following code to open a window

myuniquevar=parent.dhtmlwindow.open('PmDet', 'iframe', url, 'P/M Scheduler Detail', 'width=800px,height=400px,left=60px,top=50px,resize=0,scrolling=0');return false

I then inserted a javascript file into the parent page to handle validation for the above page. All this works fine except the ONLOAD function does not seem to run my setup function when the page opens. Other functions within this javascript file run OK from inside the page. Is there anyone who has had a similar instance or knows why this would occur. Thanks in advance

ddadmin
11-19-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying when you call the above code, it causes your own code that's attached to the window.onload event to not work?

Jim King
11-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes the onload will not execute my function from my javascript file. Once the page is opened all other functions in the javascript file work fine. Is there an alternate way of running a function at open when using the parent.dhtmlwindow.open code

Thanks agani