PDA

View Full Version : Scroller Script to be Used w/ Images Other Than Specified

supergirl
07-19-2005, 03:57 AM
Scroller Script:

http://javascript.internet.com/page-details/page-scroller.html

----------------------------------

Hello ~

When using this script with your own arrow images in different sizes, looks like you might need to more than just specify the sizes?

In fact, my webpages caused quite a havoc because of it. May I ask how to tell the script to show your own images properly in the bottom right corner.

Btw, my images are sized a bit odd - “up” image is 58 (w) x 40 (h) pixels, and “down” one 86 (w) x 40 (h).
The images shown on the above example are both 21 (w) x 20 (h).

Not sure if using .jpg images with background (not transparent) affects the result (I doubt it)?

Also, It would be really helpful to know why other script features (hidden status bar link code, “fader” link color, etc.) stop working when used with these scrollers? Is there such thing as script overload?

Thank you for your time!
SuperGirl

IanMarlowe
07-19-2005, 04:04 AM
try making (like you said) a .jpg, and make it's properties transperant, so the background won't overlap the text/images you might have on your page. I am no expert, but that sounds logical to me, and because they are images, you can make them "transparent" or "absolute".

supergirl
07-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Thank you Ian for a quick reply. Hurray for the jet-setter in Kuwait!!

Yes, I would rather make gif images, but it’s a bit tough as they're shadowed texts, to better match the whole design… (whew my webpages are pretty demanding! :o)

Let's see if some of you might know how to align your own arrow images beautifully, and if other scripts shy away when used with this these scrollers?

SuperGirl