PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow would like more features

SMac
11-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.51)

Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

First thing I'd like to say - what a fantastic resource DD is! I've been looking for a while for a random slide show with fade and what do I get here - the Ultimate Fade-in slideshow !

Right then, down to business.

There are a couple of features I would like adding to the Ultimate Fade-in slideshow, perhaps making it the Very Ultimate Fade-in slideshow!
I am using it to display random photos from collections on a web site, so forgive me if a refer to photo a lot.

1) An image description:
Is it possible to grab the image description (ideally from the EXIF data of the photo, but an extra field in the array would be fine) and display it with the photo inside the border under the photo?
Of course it would fade in and out and change with the photo.
I'm using the Ultimate Fade-in slideshow script in it's own /div so could I control the text style (colour, italics, etc) from the CSS page?

2) A title:
Being able to link to the actual photo album is an added bonus, but I would like to display a title (you know - the small message that pops up when you hold your mouse over a photo) to tell people that if they click they will go to the album. The text would be individual to each photo so I'm guessing that an extra field in the array would be used.

If anyone could help me out - compared to these scripts I'm a total novice - I would be very grateful.

I should just say that this is not for any profit making site - my plan is to put it on a family site and possibly a student / OAP site.

Thank you in advance.

jscheuer1
11-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Check:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/swissarmy/index.htm

SMac
11-17-2008, 04:54 PM
John that's fantastic - just the job!

You search everywhere for slide shows then 2 come along at once!

Many thanks

SMac