PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate fade in slide show

jaypin
11-12-2008, 02:01 PM
1) Script Title: Ultimate fade in slide show

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I've set up 2 separate slide shows that work fine independently. When I try to combine them using Ultimate fade in slide show, bad things happen. I need for them to both work on one page of my site. I could use some help! Thanks

jscheuer1
11-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

jaypin
11-12-2008, 02:50 PM
The site is working now as I'm only using one instance of the slide show. Here's the link anyway: http://www.coldwellbankerwestpa.com

The header is working fine but I want to replace the flash video under "featured property" with a second slide show.

If you look at the web site source code you'll see that I link to "slide.js". I was hoping to use ultimate fade in slide show to run both shows but apparently I'm doing something wrong. I don't think I'm calling them correctly.

jscheuer1
11-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Your page is in violation of Dynamic Drive's usage terms (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/notice.htm), which, among other things, state that the script credit must appear in the source code of the page(s) using the script. Please reinstate the notice first.

Also, I mean link me to a page where you have it set up the way you want, but it isn't working. I can't fix something that's not broken, I see only one slide show attempt on your demo page.

jaypin
11-12-2008, 03:49 PM
John
I left the usage terms in tact right where I found them. But you're right, they do no good in the .js file where they can't be seen. I'll fix it.

I don't know how I'm going to send you to a page that isn't working as I removed any attempt to incorporate a second slide show. Is there any way I can send you the .js file that I'm trying to create?

jscheuer1
11-12-2008, 06:21 PM
You can just put up an 'orphan' demo of the problem and post a link to it. The code might show the problem, and could be attached to a post in zip form (use the advanced editor, manage attachments for that), or if it isn't too long posted in the message body. Use:

Your code here

so it appears as:

Your code here

A live demo, even though it doesn't work is better though. Most folks seeking help are able to furnish one.

Just as a side note, this script has been used countless times by people to display more than one slide show on a page, so it isn't too hard. You probably just made one or to simple errors in your coding when you tried it.

jaypin
11-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks. A simple error to most is a major one to me...I'm no pro! Before I try your suggestions, can I try one more time to make this easy on both of us? If you can just tell me if the following code (with my specific selections) needs to be inserted, as is, at each location where I want the slide show, my problem might be solved? I think I may have omited, for example, "new fadeshow(fadeimages2, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 0)" when I inserted it at the first location and visa versa.

<script type="text/javascript">
//new fadeshow(IMAGES_ARRAY_NAME, slideshow_width, slideshow_height, borderwidth, delay, pause (0=no, 1=yes), optionalRandomOrder)
new fadeshow(fadeimages, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 1, "R")
new fadeshow(fadeimages2, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 0)
</script>

jscheuer1
11-12-2008, 09:05 PM
As far as that part goes. If you have two slide shows that you want to have appear in two different parts of your page, one should look something like so:

//new fadeshow(IMAGES_ARRAY_NAME, slideshow_width, slideshow_height, borderwidth, delay, pause (0=no, 1=yes), optionalRandomOrder)
new fadeshow(fadeimages, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 1, "R")
</script>

the other something like:

new fadeshow(fadeimages2, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 0)
</script>

These can each go in their own separate division or table cell, wherever you want them to be. The part in green is just a comment/instructions, and may be omitted.

jaypin
11-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks, John. Thats all I needed. Working fine now.