PDA

View Full Version : custom scrollbars

avenus
11-12-2008, 05:22 AM
hey i back again with some problems.

I want to make my different type of scrollbar in 'textarea' and also different design for arrow in 'select' in 'form' tag that works on all the browser. Is it possible? do you have any solution for this.

jscheuer1
11-12-2008, 05:50 AM
In the future, please post new questions in a new thread like the one here I've moved this to.

As to your question, those are form elements, and as such cannot easily be customized. The browser still has a lot of influence over how they will look and this varies from browser to browser. Some browsers allow more control than others via css, but all are somewhat limited as regards inputs, selects, checkboxes, etc.

What you can do if you want a custom look that will be the same or nearly the same in all browsers is to make a 'custom element' from a division, or a set of nested divisions and/or other elements, whatever might work out best for a particular effect, and control some or all of their behavior via javascript.

If you really want to do this, Google would probably yield quite a few examples. 'Custom Form Elements Javascript' might be a good set of search terms.

I would tend though to recommend against this idea because it unnecessarily complicates pages and can (if not well thought out) result in your page becoming inaccessible without javascript.