PDA

View Full Version : ASP / VB Script

thinair
07-18-2005, 12:01 AM
I have an ASP page that I want to get input from the customer with a Input Box function. ASP doesn't allow the Input Box function, at least I get an error not allowing it. So, I'm using VB Script to use the Input Box function, however VB Script does not allow variables in the ASP page to be accessed in the VB Script, nor can the variables in the VB Script to be accessed in the ASP Page. I have a value that needs to be input in the VB Script and then use that value in the ASP page to perform some calculations.
Requirements: I do not want to use a text input box in ASP and I do not want to go another page, I have to remain on the same page.
Is there a way to do this using an ASP page and VB Script? Is there a way to declare a global variable that can be used by ASP and VB Script?
Or is there a entirely different way of doing this?
Help!

Twey
07-18-2005, 07:41 AM
1. There is no way of doing this without changing or refreshing the page, as the server-side script (ASP) can only handle content at request-time.
2. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER use VBScript. Ever.

IanMarlowe
07-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Cuz it's only for Windows?