PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Accordion Content script works and it doesn't :|



Antonio
11-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I've tried to search the forums here, but I always get an error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/gchiang/public_html/forums/search.php on line 1008
That's why I'm opening a new thread - no idea if that ever happend to anyone before.

1) Script Title:
Accordion Content script (v1.6)

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordion.htm

3) Describe problem:
I am running a Wordpress-powered website and just released a new page called "Galleries" where I wanted to use this script.

Transfering the code and css was pretty simple and first I was totally happy that it was working like I wanted it to work - or so I thought.

While the preview shows the page working without a problem: :)
http://inbetween-worlds.net/?page_id=9&preview=true

the real page doesn't seem to work correctly: :confused:
http://inbetween-worlds.net/galleries/

And it's like this using Internet Explorer, Firefox or Opera.

Comparing both source codes doesn't give any hints of what is happening, because it's exactly the same - besides the galleries-page link.

Is there anything someone here could help me with or should I better post this into a Wordpress forum?

Antonio

ddadmin
11-10-2008, 02:58 AM
On the problem page, your reference to ddaccordion.js yields a file does not exist error:

http://inbetween-worlds.net/galleries/ddaccordion.js

Make sure to upload that file within /galleries.

p.s: I'll try and fix that forums search error shortly.

ddadmin
11-10-2008, 03:23 AM
By the way, the errors when searching the forums should now be fixed. If you still get them, please send me a quick pm.

Antonio
11-10-2008, 05:13 AM
On the problem page, your reference to ddaccordion.js yields a file does not exist error:

http://inbetween-worlds.net/galleries/ddaccordion.js

Make sure to upload that file within /galleries.

p.s: I'll try and fix that forums search error shortly.

Wow, thanks for the super-duper-fast answer.
Yeah, of course. The path was different with the preview address than with the real page! I just added a "/" to both script src declarations, since I had the js files uploaded to my root folder. Now the script works with the real page as well. I kept wondering what the BIG difference between those two links was. It was the folder level.

Kudos to you! I will most probably come back to get some other scripts - they rock!

Antonio

PS: The search is working without a problem now - as far as I can see.