PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Prob in IE with Lightbox 2.04

ChilliNr1
11-06-2008, 12:42 PM
1) Script Title: Lightbox 2.04
2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox2/index.htm
For example: http://www.danjo78.de/main/AllFrameNEW.html
goto "Gallery"
klick on the middle Button showing a nice lady (6. from top or bottom)
choose "East Coast 2007"
then "New York Part 4"
and then a large picture like the tower.
Sorry but it`s the only way to keep the frames alive :)
3) Describe problem:
When I open a large image with Lightbox in a Frame, I can`t scroll down to see the whole image. In Opera it`s no problem, but in IE7. Without the Frame it`s working fine...
Any idea?
Thx!

jscheuer1
11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
It looks like your larger images are too large, and there is some weird loading behavior going on, as if something is caught in an endless loop of loading. I'd suggest a complete redesign avoiding iframe, after all Lightbox 2.04 doesn't require an iframe. It can work with content written to the page after the page is loaded.

ChilliNr1
11-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi,
maybe the Menu Wheel (requires Java) is loading in background?!
I don`t use iframes, but normal ones.
Redesign is the last option I like to use:(
The page was designed with pop-up`s for each picture, so i decided to use the lightbox feature for more comfort.
And it still works in Opera. The only problem is the IE with the large ones...
Is there no chance to make them scrollable?
Thank you!

jscheuer1
11-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Well frames are just as bad. I couldn't even get it to load in Opera (got tired of waiting, even with a broadband wireless connection). Remember, that when testing locally, you will not be aware of load times, and even testing a remote page, once the resources are cached on your computer, it will take very little time, but this is not how most visitors to your page will experience it. Regardless of what is causing the loading loop, it needs to be eliminated, as it will cause your bandwidth per usage to skyrocket, probably prompting your host to ask you or force you to remove it. At the very least, it will cause the host to experience server network problems.

ChilliNr1
11-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi,
can`t follow you...
I cleared the cache and reload the page online, not local!
No probs at all. Deactivate JAVA and try again please!
Maybe you`re using an older version of Opera?! I got the latest.
Doesn`t matter, I need to get it scrollable in IE7!
Any idea?
Thx!

jscheuer1
11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Well, I just tried again with the hard line (no wireless) and things loaded up fairly well in Opera. In any browser, the frames look bad as they go white while loading.

As to your original request, Opera is the only browser I know of that will scroll like that. In all others (not just IE) you would need to enable the scroll bar on the frame.

Another way of looking at this is, as I said before, that the larger image is too tall.

ChilliNr1
11-07-2008, 03:50 AM
Hi,
so I`ve to wait for the next script version.
Maybe it`s changed there?!
I`m really sorry for the frames, but it`s my first page with a lot of work on that :rolleyes:
Thank you very much for your support!