PDA

View Full Version : Overlapping content script not working with widescreen monitor

Jeremy
11-06-2008, 10:28 AM
1) Script Title: Drop Down/ Overlapping Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/overlapcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: Some time ago I created a website for a town council and installed this script whilst using a 15" monitor. It worked fine. Recently I bought a new widescreen laptop and after viewing the town council website on it, found that the overlapping content script would not work - instead of displaying the div layer onclick, it simply redirects (which it should do if javascript is not enabled).

Does anyone know of any widescreen issues like this and is there a way to fix them?

If you want to view a webpage with the script, go here (http://www.bodmin.gov.uk/) and click on the link 'Access Keys' (top right) which operates the overlapping div.

Kind regards

Jeremy:confused:

ddadmin
11-07-2008, 05:05 AM
It drops down for me actually. Tested in FF 3 and Safari 3.

Jeremy
11-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks for taking a look DDadmin. The problem seems to persist in IE7 on my widescreen laptop. Still scratching my head as to why. I have noticed that there are a couple of other javascript and jquery scripts that don't work out on my widescreen laptop in IE7 either but work fine in FF. Otherwise, they all work fine on a 15" monitor.

I hate headaches of this sort!

Kind regards

Jeremy

ddadmin
11-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Hmm I don't see how widescreen on its own can have any effect on the script working. The fact that it redirects to the URL instead of showing the overlay content means that the code:

onclick="return overlay(this, 'overdiv1', 'bottom')" onkeypress="return overlay(this, 'overdiv1', 'bottom')"

somehow wasn't run successfully when you clicked on "Access Keys". Are you sure JavaScript is enabled in said copy of IE7?

Jeremy
11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I can only conclude that javascript is enabled in ie7 as my other javascripts are working normally.

Jeremy