PDA

View Full Version : Scrollable Menu Links with IE

dcb0284
11-06-2008, 12:40 AM
I am trying to get the Scrollable Menu Links to work with php. I have this working in FireFox both 2 and 3 however I can not get it to work in IE 6 or 7. In fact in 6 it doesn't even display right. I haven't checked Safari yet but typically I have found that if it works in FF it with in Safari also. I have changed the height and width variables, the scroll images, the direction to reverse and in my style I have included overflow-x:hidden;

I have made to the script in a couple of other ways also. They are below:

document.write('<span id="temp" style="visibility:hidden;position:absolute;top:0;left:0">'+menucontents+'</span>')

I changed the top and left margins and the variable menucontents:

var menucontents='<nobr><?php echo $menu_links; ?></nobr>'

the variable menu_link comes from a while loop from a sql statement.

$menu_links .= "<div class=\"links\"><div class=\"link_text\"><a href=\"".$row_links['Link']."\" title=\"".$row_links['Title']."\" target=\"_blank\">".$row_links['Title']."</a></div></div>";

any help you can give would be awesome. I have looked at this for a couple of days now and can not figure this out. A link to an example is below: https://www.wku.edu/Dept/Support/StuAffairs/Intramural/healthfitnesslab/studentwellness_new/test.php

dcb0284
11-06-2008, 12:42 AM
The styles of the divs are below:

.links_scroll {
background-image:url(../images/buttons/link.gif);
color:#FF0000;
font-weight:bold;
height:69px;
width:135px;
text-align:center;
float:left;
}

.link_text_scroll {
padding:20px 13px 0 13px;
height:69px;
width:135px;
}

dcb0284
11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
I truly have no idea what the issue is. I'm not that strong at JavaScript. If anyone has any possible ideas then please let me know. I can't find any other scripts out there like this one to do what I need it to do. I also have to use it vertically. I have read through all of the post and didn't see one like this. If someone has corrected this somewhere else just send me that way.