PDA

View Full Version : Swissarmy slideshow for ajax

haripaddu
11-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Hello guys,

I am doing a photo album site using ajax page fetcher and swissarmy slideshow to have fade effects across photos.

i found a problem in this, the page fetched using ajax inside the target div doesnt execute the function - new inter_slide(...) which is the present in the fetched page. the script tag is not executed in the ajax fetched page. because of this, the slideshow functions are not working.

is there any other way i can call this function?

i want the slideshow to start as soon as the page is fetched.

please help me on this.

jscheuer1
11-03-2008, 12:31 AM
In future, please post about Dynamic Drive Scripts in the Dynamic Drive Scripts Help section here where I've moved this thread, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

OK, I know the script you are talking about (I wrote it), but it might still be helpful for others if you were to provide a link to it. A link to your page would be useful too, even for me.

The main problem is that AJAX imported content will not (in general) execute scripts on the imported page. I am currently working on a completely different approach to imported slide show content that will not rely upon scripts on the imported page/content. It is working well, but not ready for release. If you PM me, and your project is reasonably compatible, I will consider making you a beta tester. Otherwise, look for the release of my Omni Image View, Fade, and/or Slide Script (working title).

A workaround is possible even with the current code you are using, but it would be complex. The script I'm working on would make it relatively seamless.