PDA

View Full Version : Pictures no show

peteg
11-02-2008, 03:17 PM
1) Script Title: Preloaded slide show

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/preloadslide.htm

3) Describe problem:
I created a page with a slideshow using 'preloadslide' javascript from this site, by Jason Moon. It previews fine in Frontpage 2003 and previews fine in IE 7.0 AFTER enabling running scripts and Active X.

However, after uploading to a site the pictures will not display. No warning is isssued to enable running scripts or Active X, which is a difference with displaying in preview mode. I don't know how to make it work when viewed from the site. (I can supply the URL if that will help.)

Thank you,
peteg

thetestingsite
11-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Please provide a link to the problem page so that we can further troubleshoot. The first thing that comes to mind though is that the paths to the images are incorrect. Please make sure that this is correct first, and if that does not work, post a link.

Hope this helps.

jscheuer1
11-02-2008, 03:33 PM
That Active X warning is (by default) only for local pages as far as javascript is concerned. The problem is most likely that the images are not on the server where the script expects them to be. But this can be for a variety of reasons (you forgot to upload them, you uploaded them to the wrong place), the trickiest of which is often a mismatch in upper and lower case, which matters on the web, but not in local testing.

If you want more help, we would need a link to the page.

peteg
11-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Thank you both! Casing was the problem; I had lower case '.jpg' in the program but upper case '.JPG' on the site. Changed that and I am good to go.

-Peteg