PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail Viewer Drag and Drop Problem

starlameris
07-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Image Thumbnail Viewer
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

Hello, I'm trying to implement the above script in my website, but am having an issue with the drag and drop code. If you click anywhere in the top bar of the popup window (as you would to drag it) the cursor becomes stuck in the center of the window and won't release it. The result is the window following your cursor everywhere around the screen, with you unable to move your cursor to the "close" button. The problem can't be resolved without refreshing the page.

If someone could offer some tips on how to either resolve the problem or extend the close button area to the entire top area, that would be great.

Thanks a bunch,
Stephanie

Twey
07-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Make sure you've got the "onmouseup" code all in there OK.
Preferably, provide a link to the page in question.

starlameris
07-15-2005, 03:08 PM
I just copy pasted everything so there shouldn't be any difference in the code...

I can't provide a link because the page has tons of graphics and I don't have the server space for it. :( sorry. (It's for someone else and they haven't given me access to their server yet.)

This is the only part of the code that addresses "onmouseup":

document.onmousedown=initializedrag
document.onmouseup=new Function("dragapproved=false")

It occurs at the very end of the script.

jscheuer1
07-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Check back over the instructions very carefully, unless you have this same problem on the demo page, it is either something you did wrong or a conflict. Do you have any other scripts on the page?

starlameris
07-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok, no I'm not having it on the demo page. There are a few other scripts on the page. I can't find any conflict with the shorter ones I've done, but there's an absolutely enormous one from fireworks that's for my navigation bar. I'll look over it but if I don't find anything I'll try to make room on my server to upload.

starlameris
07-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Ok, here's the page with the problem. A lot of the graphics it's using are old and don't adhere to the new dimensions, so ignore the look...

http://www.nightwings.net/work/actual/products/door-styles/appliedmoulding.html

The only one that currently has the code for the popup is the last thumbnail (bottom right)