PDA

View Full Version : Switch Content Script and Safari 2

matg
07-14-2005, 07:04 PM
hello,

I really would like to use the Switch Content Script on our corporate intranet, however our browser of choice is Safari and it seems the option that allows the expaned items position to be remembered is not working.

For example: if I expand one of the items and refresh the browser in Firefox that item is shown expanded, but in Safari it appears contracted, it seems like the cookie is not being set or read back properly.

Any one help?

Thanks

BrightNail
07-14-2005, 09:22 PM
same here.

I am using the script, but it will not work on Safari!!!!

Please advise..

basically, the divs "open" up, but they DO NOT close....they should close the previous, but it doesn't - so it ends up that all divs are open.

please advise...arghhhhh...great script otherwise.

matg
07-15-2005, 08:42 AM
BrightNail,

Sounds like your problem is different to mine. The script does work, I can quite happily expand and contract the information however the status of each individual area is not remembered, therefore when you refresh the page all the areas are contracted and not how you left them.

It works fine in:
FireFox 1.03
Camino 0.9a
Netscape 7.2
IE 5.3
Mozilla 1.8

Does not work in:
Safari 2
Opera 8
Omniweb 5.1

All browser were run on OS X 10.4.2

it appears no cookie is being set.

jscheuer1
07-15-2005, 09:17 AM
First off, I don't have a Mac so I can't really offer much advice. One thing though, it sounds like BrightNail has some sort of error in his code, something that crept in when he customized it, which should only be done in a text editor. Matg - the only help I can offer is the suggestion to check your Safari browser's settings, cookies may be disabled. I have no experience with Safari but, all modern browsers I have used have this setting. Generally all cookies can be blocked, just those from certain domains blocked or allowed, or all cookies accepted. Worth looking into if you haven't already.

BrightNail
07-16-2005, 01:14 AM
I tried the original script from this site on a MAC Safari, and it didn't work at all.

I don't think I customized it much, if any really. I can't remember....

I just don't think this script works in Safari....
does anyone know for sure? Has Safari been tested extensively?

jscheuer1
07-16-2005, 04:02 AM
Does the demo here at Dynamic Drive work in Safari?

BrightNail
07-17-2005, 04:17 PM
from what I remember in testing, no the original script does not work...I believe I tried it, and I couldn't get the 'expand all', 'contract all' to work, nor any of the expanding links.

So no, on Safari - this script does not work.

I need it to work in safari as our QA testers require it...I am i a pickle..arghhhhh

:eek:

jscheuer1
07-17-2005, 10:23 PM
You might want to see this thread. It contains simplified code that does about the same thing. It may work in Safari, I don't know (darn it, I still have no Mac).

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3594