PDA

View Full Version : Fade in slideshow on oscommerce???

doris
10-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi Guys!

Ive got my oscommerce shop up and running and ive been dying to get this slideshow from dynamic drive into the main image banner of my site.

Here's the slideshow:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

Only problem is , i cant figure out how to pt the slideshow in since osc is in php. I looked at index.php but cant figure out how to edit tt to accomodate the slideshow.

Any superhero to help? Appreciated guys!

Doris

jscheuer1
10-26-2008, 08:20 PM
PHP is HTML, except that parts of it may be generated by the server. These parts are always within either:

<?

?>

brackets, or (more formally):

<?php

?>

The rest of the page is plain HTML, put the slide show in that part, according to the instructions on the demo page.

Now, it is possible that all of the HTML of index.php is made up of includes and/or other server generated content , no real HTML code there, it's all in the includes and/or generated on the fly. If this is the case, one must make a determination as to whether or not to add an HTML section or sections to the index page, or to attempt to include the slide show code in existing and/or new includes for the index page. Usually though, there is some plain HTML code on the page to work with.

If you still need help, post a link to your page, and also let us see the raw PHP code of index.php.

Alba1967
06-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Dear jscheuer1,
I would like to ask your help because I am not skilled at the programming.
I want to initiate an own web page,but the pictorial opportunities do not like the oscommerce in a program.
My webpage:www.postcardshop.org
What I have to overwrite punctually or where I have to insert the code?The oscommerce into which library of a program?
I would like an appearance like that in connection with the pictures,than the kind here visible:
http://www.burda-auction.com/en/the-shop/show/1390/picture-postcards/
Please help me!

THANKS

Alba1967